Saturday, November 7, 2009

Today......how lucky I am!

Grainy toast with peanut butter, a pot of coffee, the Swell Season on the stereo, and a whole day to write before an evening of stunning music at KiLN, and then a party with the most beautiful girls around (and my most divine husband)..............sometimes life is just gorgeous!

This is a really brief post, to express my gratitude for all of the above, and the billions of other blessings in my life.

This has been hard year, but generally I think I'm just someone who tends to find things harder than they really are, a very sensitive being. Sometimes I feel so overwhelmed by the weight of sadness about what has happened, and anxiousness about what might be, that I forget the gloriousness of each day and the little things that fill it with joy- like taking my shoes and socks off after a big sweaty workout at the gym, making a really good dinner and overeating, having a good snuggle up on the couch with my beloved, getting all the washing done and drinking many cups tea after work in our little garden.

2 comments:

  1. thats a really nice way to see things :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. puppies lying in the sun next to me as i type this, picture gallery of all my gorgeous closest and dearest behind the computer, party mix music by the lovely peter blaring in the background, the sound of water lapping as the city cat zooms past (not while the music is blaring), cups of tea 9 (the 5th for the day!), a walk in the sun with the puppies, reading my wonderful friend cate's fabulous blog - wow and it's not even 9am yet - HOW LUCKY AM I!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete