Sunday, February 7, 2010

Little life


We have not shared a lot of our everyday life on this blog. It tends to be about big moments, or reflections on events or experiences. But right now I am very much over big moments, changes and major events. I am instead looking forward to everyday life for awhile. Even some of the things I raged against after our holiday because I found them so dull.

Back in the routine of work and normal life there seems to be a lot of joy to be had in the experience of watering the garden, baking biscuits, folding washing, cooking a meal, listening to music and generally mooching around the house.

My grandmother has just given me her old sewing machine, I've just had it serviced and will pick it up tomorrow. I am so looking forward to spending nights at home sewing little handbags, scarves and quilts to give to people as gifts.

When I look at the lives of some of our friends I feel very old woman-y writing this. Like a boring married lady who cooks, cleans and darns. Yet I can't feel ashamed, it all sounds so perfect right now. After some big colourful and some very dark times I'm happy to live a soft pastel kind of life for awhile..............

No comments:

Post a Comment